Monday, January 23, 2012

Agnostic guy love the conservative Christian girl?

I am 24 years old, and have allways been a "seeker" my whole life. I went through phases of religious fervancy in my youth (strongly considering the priesthood at one point). I have learned about all religions, and now have concluded that I believe in the beauty of religion, but am also aware of the negative aspects of faith. I describe myself as a humanist, and would feel disingenuous if i ever claimed hardcore faith in Christian dogma.



Here's the problem. At work the other day, I fell in love with the new girl. She has a smile that lights up the room, a sweet heart, and is gorgeous. Only problem is - she is very religiously Christian. She is 20, has not attended college (yet), and has been spending the last two years as a manager of the local Christian bookstore.



I feel a connection, and I have this strange attraction to her.. Perhaps its because I am seeker too? I may have a Darwin Fish on my car, but maybe our hearts match even if our minds intially do not?Agnostic guy love the conservative Christian girl?
I don't know her views, but the way that I was brought up was to find someone who had the same religious upbringing and the same feelings about religion. I was also taught not to be unequally yoked with someone. Exp.(Christian and Non-Christian). If you like her alot tell her how you feel about her though, she may not let the differences ruin a great relationship. So take a chance, but you probaly need to have a talk with her about your different views on religion and why you feel so strongly about your view. I hope this helps and good luck.
  • traffic school
  • mbusa
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment