Monday, January 30, 2012

Why do they need a Christian decorating magazine?

I saw a magazine called Lily in a bookstore a couple weeks ago. It had instructions on how to make a garden with plants in the Bible and everything. Have you seen it? Why would anyone think there needs to be a Christian alternative to Better Homes and Gardens or House and Garden, for pity's sake?



(I can't find a website for it.)Why do they need a Christian decorating magazine?
Yeesh! I am a Christian and I've got the chills! I will definitely look for it though. I like to collect ridiculous Christian Culture stuff like that. I already have quite a collection of books (IE. WWJE - What Would Jesus Eat, a Christian cook book. Although there isn't a recipe for turning water into wine), embarrassing T-shirts (my faves are the ones that rip off some brand name and put in some 'churchanese' lingo like, CK - once Calvin Klein, now Child of the King), and a wide variety of the worst Christian tracks you could ever imagine. Shudder. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for going for what you believe in and standing up for it, you know all that, but if you're going to 'proclaim it', can we be a little more original?



Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go water my frankincense and trim the cedars of Lebanon in my backyard.
AOG womn: There are plenty of religious books, magazines and articles on decorating. So why the fuss about one from a Christian view? While it鈥檚 true that Christianity must go deeper than 鈥榯-shirts and bumpr stickrs鈥? there are those who condescend because their own misery and disillusionment.

Report Abuse

Why do they need a Christian decorating magazine?
Have you ever seen that one Tammy Faye Baker Clone lady on the Cable channel? She is a total embarrassment to all other Christians and the set they use is the best argument for a Christian decorating mag I ever saw.
Have you ever read Better Homes and Gardens? "Lily" is not an alternative - it is competition.



Besides, I'm pretty sure that Jesus was a Feng Shui enthusiast.Why do they need a Christian decorating magazine?
They also have Christian yoga. Stupid, eh. The reason is all they know about decorating is what kind of 20-foot long cross they want to put in their window. I'm betting that magazine was made by Jesus freaks desperate for some pocket money.
I don't know why but I know any thing with the word "Christian" is 4-5 times more expensive

That could be the reason.
It's marketing at it's finest, and it is stupid.....
Because you support the businesses of people that believe like you do.
  • miata
  • bloons tower defense 2
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment