Monday, January 23, 2012

How can I, as a Christian, battle sloth and self-absortion?

I am addicted to my feelings!



And my pride...



How do we, as Christians, overcome this battle with the flesh?



How do you guys do it?...



Sometimes I feel I can't even control myself? My anger? Can we control ourselves? We CAN, right???



Sometimes I'll just let myself be addicted to the internet, and even when the Holy Spirit tells me, Stop, right now... I would keep indulging in it!!! O.O!!!



And I may fight the battle for some times... but would go back later?!?!... and then deny everything again?



It's so amazing that after so many I've gone through with the Lord, so many testimonies I have... one day when I was brusing a CHRISTIAN bookstore, was it my own voice? speaks to myself in my own mind, wait a minute, what if God is fake? and He doesn't even exist.



Here I mean... it's amazing---- bc God has actually worked so hard on me... Too many Christians had reached out to me. I've doubted and questioned Him a million times and many of those times I have felt strongly His presence reasuring me over and over and over again... and miracles would even happen to me. Some of my prayers have come to pass. When some others haven't yet, I may sometimes get the reminder of "God's time, God's way... Remember, remember... Have faith... Wait... Keep on.... Trust..." but I would start denying EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING He's done for me, and go over again all the old accusations of my past, when I haven't known Him yet. Was it all the devil?



And when the Holy Spirit reminds me that it may be the devil fighting you... I would go like... Maybe both God and the devil are my enemies... these thoughts would even come out! The devil may be meaner but does that mean I can trust God 100% just bc of that? And on and on and on I would start accusing God ALL OVER AGAIN!?!?!?....



And then I become all self-absorved again? Is that "backsliding"?...

And laziness always comes up and I don't want to do anything!!!...



This is such a Tuggle war!!!!





I used to judge Christians inside my head... now I'm "paying the price" I suppose.

Bc all those judgements I've made before, now, are the ones that would keep me from growing spiritually... Bc it is how the non-believers judge me now! And there's this sort of guilt? That when I was more ignorant, on the other side of the "gate"... I saw the Christians as this and that... being fervent and passionate about things I didn't get... In my mind I sort of went like "hum? What's UP with them???" and today I suddenly know what it's all about? Bc now I'm attacked by the devil as well? And I need to grow in faith and become fervent, a real Christian?



This is like "spiritual puberty"!!! Help... ~"~How can I, as a Christian, battle sloth and self-absortion?
| I know... it's such a funny metarphor... but it really is like one!



I was a baby Christian... but now? Am I about to become an "adult" Christian? And everything is so awkward... it is like..... almost like puberty lol, just it's in the inside! in the spirit!!!



I don't know for sure what to expect???...
You will outgrow this, too.How can I, as a Christian, battle sloth and self-absortion?
Be honest with yourself. Reflect daily on your decisions and judge them as basically in line with what you want or not. Again, honestly.



Knowledge of what you want comes before desire for it, which comes before a disciplined achievement of it.
Discipline, Discipline Discipline





its not easy





But it is what isHow can I, as a Christian, battle sloth and self-absortion?
you cant but if you let God take care of that problem.. then you will be succesfull
Humble yourself to the lord...thru prayer and obedience.







god loves you.....God loves
Go Amish. Duh.
"Sometimes I feel I can't even control myself? My anger? Can we control ourselves? We CAN, right???"



Paul said the very same thing in Romans Chapter 7. Pay close attention to verses 24 and 25.



we often think that we somehow need to look at things from a different angle, and THAT will give us the will power to overcome our sins- that somehow the power of victory lies within ourselves. This is not so- the power lies only in Christ Jesus. Don't give up trying, but look instead to Jesus and the promise of his atonement for the answer. Study the scriptures, and apply them to your life.



When someone has cancer, and the cancer starts to be healed, they say that the cancer is in remission. In the same way, you need to receive a remission of your sins. You may already have received forgiveness for your sins, but there is so much more than 'just' forgiveness. In order for this to happen, you need to make certain covenants with the Lord, through the ordinance of baptism by his appointed servants. Then, you will have the power that Jesus Christ set up through his atonement to become more than a conqueror of your sins. (Romans 8:37)



" 14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do鈥攖his I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.



21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God鈥檚 law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment