Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Christians: Do you support American militarism in the Middle East because you hope God will get involved?

In the religion section of my local used bookstore is a half-century of titles along the lines of "the current state of the Middle East in Biblical prophesy."



They draw parallels between then-current events and the prophetic books of the bible, and often conclude with the possibility that the conflict will escalate to the point of nuclear war and the Second Coming.



Do YOU support American military involvement in the region based on such a hope? (You don't need to post comments like "no I support it to free the Iraqis from tyranny;" I know about that part.)Christians: Do you support American militarism in the Middle East because you hope God will get involved?
I keep hearing the Bible verse, "Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God." I also visualize God with his mouth screwed up, one eye squinting and the other eyebrow raised, wondering what in the heck those people are thinking.



What if they gave an Armageddon and God didn't come?
No, I don't support things to "speed up" bible prophesy. In fact, it scares me a little. With that said, I think bible prophesy is fact and will happen and will happen soon. Supporting wars isn't going to change it.Christians: Do you support American militarism in the Middle East because you hope God will get involved?
No, I support it because I'd rather Islam have their jihad in their backyard instead of mine..
I do not support military involvement in the middle east. The only place that needs military assisstance is Berma and I wouldnt want the US Military involved they would make life worse for the citizens of Berma just like they are in Iraq.Christians: Do you support American militarism in the Middle East because you hope God will get involved?
No.
I do not believe God is an interventionist so I neither pray nor wish for God to get involved in anything man creates.



...especially war.
no!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not a Christian.



God will not get involved with us here.



The Abrahamic nonsense is the root of the evil in this world.
I'm in the Jesus camp
no i don't support i think we went to war for a stupid reason
Based on that? No.

All things will come to pass exactly as it has been foretold in the scriptures. Not before, and not later, but right when it will.

At this present time, considering the prophecies, we can tell the principle elements are being brought together for all to come to pass.Since 1948, when Israel became a nation with geographic boundaries again according to the prophecies, people have been very quick to point things out and say this is this, and that is that...there are other prophecies which must and are being fulfilled. We cannot know the day or hour, but we can tell the season.
I support any action necessary against the enemies of my country and of all others who seek to reamain free from the threat of islam... I have held this position from long before I became of The True Christian Faith
Well as for me, I support neither. Jesus when on earth did not take any sides. He was neutral. I don't support war. Why? they on their side is praying to god for them to win, here on this side go to church, put out the flag and pray hard for this side to win. They love their family as much as we do ours. How can one support war? Very sad. Yet, I expect nothing less from this system of things. And it's only getting worse. Satan has a lot of power.
Hey... you are absolutely right...!!!! That is the basic Jerry Falwell.. John Hagee, Pat Robertson and so on Fundies' philosophy! That is why Fundies will vote Republican no matter what!!!
No, I don't support the notion of armed conflict for the sake of biblical prophesy. I *do* support the God-granted authority of the government to rule over, protect, and police citizens. Sometimes that means a nation has the authority to declare war on another nation.



Not all wars are right or just. But some wars are inevitable due to our sinful nature. It can't be avoided.
I view American involvement in the ME as a choice not made by us, but by the actions of the people in the ME. Israel is our ally politically.



There are some who would like to make this all about religion. Interestingly, they are the same people who want "separation of church/state." Just propaganda. Our nation is run the way its run and the decision to enter the ME is made by the President and Congress.



Edit: If I thought that our actions in the ME had anything to do with fulfilling end-times prophecy, that would be reason to oppose involvement, not support it.
No,i'm against ALL wars that the u.s. has been involved in(except the revolutionary war,that was just)because all we're after is greed and bloodshed.God does see what's going on overthere,and i believe God is very angry with the u.s. being there and starting this war,if God wasnt angry,why are there so many troops of ours dying and more coming back with no arms or legs,no victory,that just points out that God is against the u.s.

No comments:

Post a Comment