Saturday, February 18, 2012

Save me, please! I got kicked out of the house!?

I'm a recent college drop-out. I don't think college is for me at all, not that I'm not smart and hard-working, it's just that I felt so wrong forcing myself to study for a future career (medicine) I did not want but was coerced into. I want to lead a very simple life, like that of a cashier in a bookstore or a waitress at a diner. Unfortunately, my parents do not agree with this and so they have kicked me out of the house. I'm a 19-year-old female, have no place to go (I'm secretly staying at a college friend's apartment), I don't own a car, and I am very short on money (just a little over $250). I feel that I need to get out of this state (Maryland) and go to a small city/town in the USA. So, I have 2 questions. #1 - What is a relatively safe and affordable US town/city to work and live in? #2 - What is the cheapest way I can get there?



I'm deathly scared for my future. I don't want to end up being taken advantage of or out on the streets. I am a really bright (1480 SAT score), a very hard working, and a good, Christian girl. I really didn't expect to be at such a crossroads in my life. I didn't think my parents would be so ... well, I don't know what adjective to use to describe them. I know it's silly to ask such an important, life-altering question on Yahoo! Answers, but I really have no one else to turn to or who I can trust at this point. So, your serious advice will really help me during this crisis. Thank you.



PS: If anyone out there is looking to "run away" from home as well, wherever you may be, please answer. It's much easier to start a new life along with someone else. I'm sorry if this is an outrageous request, but I really don't know what else to do. I'm completely panicking right now.Save me, please! I got kicked out of the house!?
Wow, what a difficult problem. I understand the idea of not wanting to go to College. But try to remember that you may change you mind later. Living the simple life at 20 is one thing. It is often not so satisfying at 45. It is very sad that your parents were unable to understand that you just weren't ready for college. What about other relatives who might help you out? You are putting yourself in a very awkward situation but you need to be very careful because there are many who will be willing to take advantage of you. Avoid big cities. Your best bet is a place like oregon or Washington state. They are liberal places with decent social organizations to help out young people, they are not too cold, at least on the coast, and there a lot of smal towns where you can make a new start.

My advise is try to reconcile with your parents and try to gather a small amount of money to make a new start.

Good luck and take care. Save me, please! I got kicked out of the house!?
OMG you dropped out of college so you can hook up with another runaway? How smart is that? Your SAT scores can't help you can they?



Maybe your best bet would be get back in college and move back home until you figure those things out. You need to have things lined up before you drop out of college. Do you know how many people would love to go to college?

No comments:

Post a Comment