Saturday, February 18, 2012

Is the bible a fictional book?

When I was young, my foster brother was into martial arts and he was really, really good at it. Junior had all these martial art books lying around the house. He never would read them. While Junior went to his classes, and practice downstairs in the basement, I was upstairs in my bedroom reading his books. In a few months, I had a lot of his books memories. Some times when Junior was practicing in the basements, I would sit on the stairs and yell out the moves he was doing. Junior would sit there and smile, “I see you have been reading my books again.” A year had gone by. The family went to Junior class to watch him receive his black belt. I went to school bragging to the other kids about Junior getting his black belt. I was happy for him. One of my classmates asked me when was I going to go for my black belt. I didn’t take up karate. I wasn’t interested in it. I just like reading the books. “So you know karate, but you just don’t know how to fight?” “I know how to fight. I’m sure if I had to defend myself, I’m sure I will be able too.” “Do you think you will be able to take on your brother? You have something that Junior doesn’t have, you have the knowledge. I’m sure, with what you know, you can probably take him on.” Being young and stupid, I took the dare and challenged Junior to a fight. Lucky for me, Junior threw me around like a doll. Junior told me, “just because you have the knowledge means nothing if you do not have the experience.” I windup putting the books down, and had Junior teach me martial arts. The bible to me is like those karate books I had been reading and studying for years. I knew the books, and if it wasn't for Junior taking me aside and teaching me. All I would have is the knowledge without the experience. Christians don't take offense, but Junior was sought of like God. Teaching me what the books was about. Just like God is with us when it comes to the bible teaching. Without God training us, all we have, is a book sitting in front of us. If I would have challenged anybody else to a fight (in which what we do with God. We move to other people instead of relying on God), I’m sure I would have gotten my butt whipped. Junior (God) taught me (us) karate (the word) in three years (throughout our life times) very seldom using any of the books I have studied and read. After the first few months, I have stopped focusing my mind just on the books and allowed Junior (God) to teach me from experience (Trials and Tribulations). I don't read the books anymore, As a matter of fact, the last time I went to a bookstore and read a book dealing with karate (which was years ago), I was kind of lost. Hadn't kept up with the books for so long, that I forgot some of the things I knew as a kid (one of the reason we should always keep reading our bible). I still practice martial arts today. Even though I do not know the books like I use to. Is the bible a fictional book? I doubt it. I believe the bible to be a book that opens up opportunity to get a person a chance to have a personal relationship with God. I know it did with me. For those who believe the bible to be a fictional story. I am a Christian. I know that the bible has been screwed with. But it’s not the bible that I have a personal relationship through. My personal relationship is with and through God. Not the bible. The bible is a guide to teach me, and to give me the opportunity to know, to learn and to understand who God is. Just like Junior. When it was time for me to learn about karate (the bible). It’s not what you know, but who you know.Is the bible a fictional book?
You know, I like reading your questions, even though they are long. You make so many good points. I really do enjoy it. I mean, when I get emails from some questions my other contacts put up, sometimes if they're silly I don't even look at it. But when I see yours, I read them, because I know that you have something good to share. That, what you wrote, was like a sermon. It was good. Really good. You're right. If we just have a book in front of us it will do nothing. We need the experience from God. Let the Lord continue to lead you. God bless you dearly.
No. It is a letter from a loving Father to his children who want to do the right thing.Is the bible a fictional book?
no.
As fictional as life itself.Is the bible a fictional book?
bible/jesus is a big-time fairytales
yes it is...mainly because it has not proved anything
Read this post by old know all:



http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;…
fictional??? Will may be Yes, because ancient people have distorted the Bible.



See the contradictions in it. Is God who created all of us going to have such these mistakes?!!!!!!!!!!!!



Here is the link :http://www.55a.net/firas/english/?page=s…
Well don't we like to type

.

Man talk about a lot of words

.

boy you win today's big question

.

To answer the main title

Is the bible a fictional book?

,

Seeing it was not put into print until 30 plus years after Jesus death out of fear of being found and the people responsible being put into prison

.

Does give president as to the thought of how much of it is the way it happen seeing as how every word of it came by the word of mouth to norther's ear and so on and so on and etc etc

.

So as to how much of it is factual is kind of doubtful

Mankind has this habit of adding a little here and taking a little there to make it sound a little Bigger than it was

.
yes
This really is not a question, as is a comment from a person's experience. Each person's path is different. The final goal is the same. Belief in one's self and the spirit and spark that keeps you going.
The Bible is 110% Real to life.



Yes it is a good guideline for His children to follow and Yes the relationship is more towards you and the Father but the Bible is definitely true and those who believe seem to withhold this euphoric glow that others (especially in times of discouragement) cant ever seem to attain.



HAPPY NEW YEAR

the Bible signifies the number 9

to be of maturity/ ripening aka. finality.
God did not write the Bible. No matter how inspired the authors were or by what source, the information had to filter through their minds and personalities. The Bible was written by men immersed in an ancient patriarchal culture. They all had agendas, whether it was keeping the social order, unifying doctrine, eliminating heresy or gaining converts. For me, it's a pretty transparent piece of propaganda.



What I do value in the Bible is the story of Christ's life and teachings. I think He knew how misinterpreted and manipulated words can become and therefore lived in a way that would allow us to follow in His footsteps regardless of what anyone wrote about Him.



The links below objectively detail the origins of the Bible (1)

as well as the inconsistencies and inaccuracies (2)
YES. And it's not even well-written.



Sad. If a fictional book is going to rule so many lives, it should at least be GOOD fiction.
The quick answer to your question is No. As Christians we believe that the Bible is the word of God, a loving Father.



Is the Bible always correct then? Not always, at least not in our usual sense. We believe that the Bible writers are inspired by God, but they wrote the Bible in the same way as they wrote any other book. So you are bound to find errors and mistakes in the Bible like you can find in any other book. What we believe as always correct is the message it carries because that is inspired by God.



Is the Bible historical then? Not always either. Bible writers wrote the book based on oral traditions that they gather. The main events are historical but the fine details may not. We must also understand that the Bible is a theological book and as such it uses events that we can connect with to convey God's message. We cannot take it literally or regard it as a historical or scientific journal.



You are fortunate to have Junior teach you karate himself. I believe he taught you through his words and his actions but you learn through your practices. God teaches us in the same way, through His words and His deeds. God's deeds are always around us and it is up to us to see it. God's words is the Bible. To learn God's way, the most important thing is not just to know it, but to practice it.

No comments:

Post a Comment