Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Saved Christians, do you believe this about life?

I am hoping that only those that are saved (Christians) will answer this question, although I know I can not control those (that are not saved) that choose to answer this.



This question is about life and finding a soulmate.

I am a single female and I live in a town of 51K people. So, for Southern California, it is pretty small. I have been saved for 17 years. I'm 33 now. I am not working (but looking for a job), so my chances of meeting my future husband is lower (many people meet their soul-mate at work). I do not have a car, so I do not go "out" to places regularly where people gather, such as Starbucks or a bookstore.



My church is make up of about 20 people, many of which are women in their 40's and above. A few younger married couples (in their 30's) go there, but they are couples with kids. My church is small as you can see. It did start in 2000, so my church is still "a baby".



Men do NOT go to my church unless they are recovering drug addicts that are either married or seperated. I do not ever see single men around the age of 35 going to my church, however, I enjoy my church and it is LOCAL (in the same city that I live in).



Do you think or believe that there is a single man here in Western Riverside County, that is saved AND is in his 30's-40's??? It seems that I can not find a saved man for the life of me. I do not want to marry a preacher, however, I do want to marry a saved man. (I do not want to be unequally yoked.)



I know that there are millions of people in the State of California. But what about the city that I live in? Do you believe it is possible that I can find someone where I am at, in this town? Saved Christians, do you believe this about life?
Steve had a good answer. The first thing you should do is talk to God about your situation. Of course, He already knows and He even knows who your future husband will be, but we are to bring our cares and needs before His throne. So pray that God bring into your life a soundly-saved, loving man. Yield yourself to His will -- this may be a period of your life that God is using to bring you closer to Him, by making you depend and rely on Him in this area.God loves you, but He wants ALL of you and wants to be Lord over ALL areas of your life. So pray and trust in Him; God created woman for man and for men and women to be married. Marriage is the very first instution He created. His general plan is for us to be married. Yes, there are some specially called to remain single; God knows who those people are. He doesn't call someone to live a single life that He doesn't prepare. Wait in His grace, trust in the Lord, and pray.



God bless
Of course, it's possible. Talk to God about that and see where He leads you. Saved Christians, do you believe this about life?
You will find someone when you are not looking.
What's wrong with be chaste, and just dedicating your life to Hashem?



Paul did it. Many of Yeshua's disciples did, so why couldn't it be an option for you?Saved Christians, do you believe this about life?
Since you probably have internet access you can find somebody who claims to be "saved" and believes whatever you believe on the internet somewhere! and maybe he is willing to come and move with you or stays near you or you can move in with him!

or you can start going to the library and at Starbucks.......

Yes, I do believe you can find someone if you look for him. Good luck! :)
How about pray then the internet?

If I were single I'd go to one of those online dating services. The profile can say you are ONLY looking for a saved man.



That's what I'd do.



鈥?/div>
  • 3 years ago
  • Report Abuse

A big step for you socially would be to shed your dependence on god and religion. Don't be a sheep in the herd of religion. Dominate and take control of your life- God is holding you back - be more progressive. Be the WOLF amongst the herd.
Of course I do. Here's what you do. First you pray to the LOrd and tell Him all about it. Tell Him that you want to obey Him in the "unequally yoked" department. Tell Him that you submit to His will in everything and you wioll wait if that's what He wants but also tell Him your frustrations.

Ask Him to bring someone your way. The next thing you should do is start looking around all these Christian websites that have either a MATCHmaker program or dating for Christian singles. You may just find someone in your area if you look. Either way, trust in God. Your man is out there and on His way to you.
Not a Christian, but I'll answer anyway. First of all, I don't really believe in the term "soulmate" I think each of us has many people that we are compatible with and with whom we can develop a strong loving relationship. That being said, try the internet. something like yahoo personals, or matchmaker or something. Just make it clear that the person you are looking for needs to have similar beliefs as you do. You should probably have some success. Maybe visit some other churches in your area from time to time also. I hope you find the love you are looking for. Good luck.
When you combine constraints of:



1) "saved" christian

2) single, never before married

3) local



you find that the choices may be non-existent. This is not surprising. The solution could be two-fold:



a) move to a more populated area to expand your local requirement

b) consider non-saved, and/or non-christian men




You could move or travel to a more populated town. Find christian groups. Do not do what others say and marry non-christian man. If you can't find a christian man, then it is okay to be single. Marriage is not the end all to life. You could also ask others in your congregation if they know someone or to ask them to ask around in their friend's congregation and so on. Kind of like networking. Try a christian dating site or groups.



Do what emma says. Church is not the only place you can find godly men. You could just accidently bump into one at the park or a baseball game.



Also, lay off on that soulmate thing. Soulmates are not real. There is not a "one" person for you. There can be many men out there for you. So don't get upset about the whole soulmate philosophy. Don't worry, my aunt is saved and she is single as well. She says that when the right man comes, he will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment