Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Christians, can you recount a time when you know it was God who ...?

***

saved you money?



I'll give one of mine that happened some time ago now. The idea of it

happens in all kinds of ways very often but this one I'll always remember.



I went to a university to attend something there. While there, I thought

I'd go into the Christian book store, look around.



They always have some sales, and I always just want to see that,

and other things too, not on sale. But the sale table is viewed.



Well, here on a rolling book cart were a set of very large

Theological Dictionaries of the NT. They were marked down.

But it's how much they were marked down!!

I'll tell you in a minute.

This bookstore has an adjacent coffee shop and they don't

mind you looking at their books. Everyone there is some kind

of Christian, and I saw everyone was very careful. So was I, of course.

I looked at this 500 page dictionary and it was volume 3, which was

I think 'delta' or 'd' in the Greek. It went into the Greek, and was

contributed by many authors.



I looked at the original price...(it's higher now), it was $87.00

too high. But the markdown said, 75% off!!



There was volume 3 and 4 there, so OK, I could do that, and did that.

I had to attend this university again in a few weeks, went again,

and here was 5 %26amp; 6 at ...you got it, 75% off.



As I went, all 9 volumes came onto that cart! at 75% off.

And there were always 2 or 3 of each volume. So I bought

the entire set at 75% off, over about 7 months. There was

one more volume for 'Zeta', which someone bought me regular

price ($110) as a gift, so the whole set.

It was Kittel's Theological Dictionary of the New Testament and it has

helped us enormously, as it gives wonderful insights. Not that we

always agree, but we do then look more things up. We have enough

material, with each dictionary being around 400 pages, for the

rest of our lives.



God, the economist. God, the super-saver. I could not have known any

of that, was a newer Christian, never heard of Kittel yet, or looked at much

Greek, other than Strong's.



Every time I went over the next 6 or 7 months, there were other of Kittel,

in perfect condition, more volumes I did not have...at 75% off.



How has God led you to save you money, because money is limited,

and God leads our lives.



***Christians, can you recount a time when you know it was God who ...?
Yes. He has helped me many times over but the one that meant the most was when I was first becoming s Christan. I had been recluse for about 18 months. I have Lupus and when I was really really sick, I took my last Lupus med in the morning. My insurance company was him hawing me about paying for anymore. I had a hard copy prescription just in case. I prayed about it when I took the last one. And left the house. He knew my need. My meds were delivery by mail. I came back home to check - nothing on my doorstep. My heart sank. So I finally went and filled the prescription before they closed. 150.00 I could not afford. When I got home, guess what? Meds on my doorstep. It was at that moment I knew God was real. My lack of faith cost me. Oh ye of little faith!
after my 1st hip surgery a trust fund bought me a scooter, i had two hip surgeries this summer, also, a government program paid my surgeries since i had no health insChristians, can you recount a time when you know it was God who ...?
You dont get it.
that was a great deal.Christians, can you recount a time when you know it was God who ...?
yes i do
I don't worry about money. Money is the root of all evil!!!
God always puts His children at the right place and at the right time. That is why you will find your favors.
the LOVE of money is the root of all evil.



I Timothy 6:10
Yes, I took my example from my Christian friend and next door neighbour for many years. She never paid top price for anything. She prayed and explained to God what she was in need of and asked for His favour etc. Then she EXPECTED to find that very thing in the next few days, so she held off from buying it at full price, whether it was merely a loaf of bread or new car tyres.



On every single occasion every day of her life, she got deals and cheap products etc., which made her money stretch and caused her to be amply supplied with all of her needs - even though in reality she was not getting sufficient money to survive in the natural scheme of things!



We could all take a leaf out of my friend's book. Her faith increased, her expectations increased and God always supplied all of her needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19).
Oh WOW! There have been soooo many times..I would not know where to start. Times when something broke down %26amp; the door was opened to a less expensive solution...maybe finding out about a repair person that charges less, a friend could do it...I could go on %26amp; on. I have appliances that should have been dead long ago :)

God bless
The first entry in this journal reads;



17th Nov. - Bought A/C heat pump today - Manager singing "Pray a little prayer for me" - So I did and got 拢44 knocked off list price.



That is the exact wording of the entry.



A few days later I needed to purchase a few items to install the air conditioning unit and was going to go in to a refrigeration suppliers to get them but when I phoned them up Friday morning they no longer opened Saturdays.

This is what my journal entry said;



19th Nov. Need 1/4" copper tube to install A/C. Ref. component suppliers not open Sat. - Vacuum pump broke - Sent in for vac. pump oil - Able to pick up 1/4" copper tube also!



My boss sent me in to pick up the oil, otherwise I would have had to leave work early (had my pay docked also) the way the Lord worked it out I was able to pick it up during work time and not lose any pay!



Three months later when I left that place of employment the vacuum pump was still waiting to be repaired! but the heat pump / air conditioning unit which I installed at home had served me well with both heating through the winter and cooling through the summer.



I keep a journal so I am reminded of all the things God brings into my life.



There are a few other entries of a similar thing but this was the first and third entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment