Wednesday, February 15, 2012

OK, Christians, I need help finding the perfect study bible for two people online...?

The ones in the bookstore just aren't what I'm looking for. I have a girl, who is already a Christian, she is having a rough time in life though. She is young, still a teen, really into her boyfriend and sports. She's almost a tomboy, but still kinda feminine. She needs a study bible that will show her how she can apply the scriptures to her life, and what they mean. I'm good with any translation except the message, because I don't think that's good for studying



The other person is an young adult guy, not saved, but I know he'd read the bible, if I got him one; he is seeking God right now, but won't go to Church. It needs to be a study bible that screams sin and salvation at him, and is really really really easy to read(he doesn't read..ever) and it would be nice if it was kinda of guyish looking, I don't know, maybe black and red or something, he would like that.



I'm looking for these study bibles online, price doesn't matter. Just leave a link to it.



Thanks so much for your help, I appreciate it so much.OK, Christians, I need help finding the perfect study bible for two people online...?
I order from CBD, it is a very good company!

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/B鈥?/a>



There is a teen girl study Bible called True Image Bible for Teen Girls and they have a website to go with it.

http://www3.zondervan.com/features/bible鈥?/a>



My teen son has the Revolution Bible for Teen guys. It is a great Bible and there is a website that goes with it.

http://www.revolutionbible.com/



For myself I use the NIV Life in the Spirit Study Bible, (Previously titled The Full Life Study Bible) It is a awesome Bible. Our church gives them out to teen graduating high school, and our pastor uses it to study for his sermons.



Hope this info helps. God bless.
Disclaimer: I haven't read these myself; I just did a search. Take a look at these and see if you think they're what you're looking for.



For the young lady

http://www.amazon.com/Students-Applicati鈥?/a>



For the young man (a list)

http://www.amazon.com/Bibles-which-are-e鈥?/a>



I forgot to say there are a lot of commentaries and study tools online. Try e-sword, for instance.OK, Christians, I need help finding the perfect study bible for two people online...?
Jesus freaks ! its a real book !

Check it out on line it will help any Young Person or anyone you are trying to Help and you are doing a Wonderful thing and don't Let anyone tell you any Different ! Like the one with the nasty comment you should not be ashamed at all God Bless you for your good works, Blessings Leigh
This is the best, most accurate Bible I've found so far.



http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Jewish-Bi鈥?/a>



Blessings to you!OK, Christians, I need help finding the perfect study bible for two people online...?
This is from a church of Christ in Littleton, CO and it is a free course. There are 25 lessons in all. Hope this helps!!





www.columbinechurchofchrist.org/bibles鈥?/div>
  • 3 years ago
  • Report Abuse

www.bible.com



They have a great selection of bibles. I also love their daily devotional that provides a scripture (usually in both King James and New Living Translation), explains the scripture, and follows up with a prayer for the day based on the topic of the scripture. I often find it to be either the exact word I needed on that day or a word intended for someone I will come in contact with on that day.
Orthodox Study Bible



http://www.amazon.com/Orthodox-Study-Bib鈥?/a>



Probably not what you are used to, but will open your eyes to the apostolic teachings regarding scripture in a bible that has wonderful translations.



You should not be looking for something that they like, you should be looking for something that contains the truth. The message of God is unchanging and we should never ever try to dress it up for some one to make it look different that what it is.



God Bless



R





"First, we need to respect the truth: to seek the truth, whatever it may be or wherever it may be found, even if it means rethinking our positions." - Fr. Alexander F. C. Webster, Ph.D.
You should probably be ashamed at attempting to manipulate a young kid like that.
  • kasich
  • window tint
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment