Saturday, February 18, 2012

Hey Marissa, just what suburb of Indy are you moving to?

I'm having a hard time accepting that Indiana is in the Bible Belt! Trust me, we have a lot of progressive folks here and a lot of our Christians are Catholics...not exactly what you'd find in the true "Bible Belt". I have lived here all of my life and while I do know some of the suburbs are quite "white bread", most of the suburban teens are wild...hardly what I'd call a "fundamentalist Christian". Bloomington is about an hour and 15 minutes south of Indy and that town is known for being extremely diverse. Geez, it was listed as one of the most gay-friendly and environmentally aware places in the US. And then there's Indy's own Greenwich Village; Broad Ripple. While we are not quite "Berkely", we aren't near as backwoods as the impression you have of us. Check out Nuvo news weekly. Hardly a Bible Belt publication and it's available everywhere but the Baptist bookstore! Good luck and be open-minded about your new home!Hey Marissa, just what suburb of Indy are you moving to?
Hey,... in my hometown (NW Indiana) there are as many churches as there are bars. And there are LOTS of bars!Hey Marissa, just what suburb of Indy are you moving to?
I dont know how true this is: but its been said that the Highest Rate of Divorce is in the so called " Bible Belt".. I wonder why that is?
  • pocket bikes
  • lund boats
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment