Saturday, February 18, 2012

Have you ever met a really crazy fundamentalist before?

The following video is from a reality wipe swapping show. Check out this woman freaking out because the family she was traded to was not Christian (you'll have to fast forward to around the 50 second mark because it doesn't show her until then):



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TJLOGI2Odc



I used to think that people like this didn't exist. I used to think that the stories I've heard like this were all exaggerations.



Then, last summer, this lady came into the bookstore where I worked and she started freaking out over all the Harry Potter stuff.



She ordered some coffee and got upset that "a witch" was on her cup. She then proceeded to tell us that this was a ticket straight to Hell and that those Harry Potter books were nothing but demonology (we didn't even bring up the topic, she just volunteered to give us her opinion).



So, have you ever met a fundamentalist that crazy before?



Do you have any stories of your own?Have you ever met a really crazy fundamentalist before?
I live in the bible belt, I meet them all the time.
Nope, she need to get off the brainwashing.Have you ever met a really crazy fundamentalist before?
Hell...I've got three cousins that bad. I get them going every time I'm around them. It's usually pretty easy to. They really flipped when I brought Tarot cards to a family function. I did it just to yank their chain and it worked.
Have a couple in my family who always go off on Harry Potter, I just roll my eyes and have a drink.Have you ever met a really crazy fundamentalist before?
wow. I hope you mentioned to her that Rowling is very religious, and the books have some great religious undertones or even great metaphors on how to life a better life. If something that has as many good morals as Harry Potter is satanic, than so are all those other stories about magic, like Cinderilla.

I bet she hasn't even read them.
Yep. I have, she prophesies and thinks God talks to her. And she supposedly casts out demons. She is really scary. She thinks she can direct everyones lives, and is so full of hate towards other religions it isn't even funny.

I told her her dreams weren't prophetic visions, but delusions, and the voices in her head aren't God, that she should probably get on medication for those things, because she is freakin' insane!
wow.........you could just see her brain melting fully........I predict the local asylum was summoned soon after......
That is creepy.....Luckily I haven't met anyone in real life like that. Only people online. Same old story, I'm going straight to hell for being Catholic.

Shrugs, I'm used to it by now.
I would call myself a Biblical fundamentalist. I don't think she represents people like me. She seems more like a Charismatic/dominionist. Do you know the difference?



I have never met people like her and I know that the Bible doesn't teach us to act like that. Jesus didn't go crazy around the unbelieving. Why is she? I don't. It seems like she's putting on a show, but I don't know her heart.



She needs to calm down. Jesus said that noone can come to him unless the Father draws him.



We, as believers, are to act as vessels through which God can show his love and mercy to the lost. I don't know how she acted while she was at thier house, but this doesn't look to me to be right.



Please accept my apologies on her behalf.
haha I live in a christian fundie town and there are people like that all over the place. They have signs in their yards that say all kinds of weird things. One of them has a sign that says "UN free zone" and a picture of a cross with Homeland Security on it..



And btw I have met someone like that lady once. she flipped the hell out cause I had a bumper sticker on my car that said Sinner on it .(she'd love the one that says "just another souless atheist in search of world peace and harmony" and for such a small town there sure are a lot of STUPID people living here) haha
Not personally -- but those Westboro Church people are pretty "out there."

.

No comments:

Post a Comment