Sunday, February 12, 2012

Is it against the rules for me to read the Quran, if I'm a Christian and have no intention of converting?

Let me explain:

I really enjoy learning about religions other than my own. Everything has a really interesting history behind it. I like being able to see similarities and differences between different religions, beliefs, etc.



So is it frowned upon for me to read the Quran if I'm not converting?



For instance: Most Mormons don't really support someone read the Book of Mormon until they convert. (Although you can purchase one at bookstores in America)Is it against the rules for me to read the Quran, if I'm a Christian and have no intention of converting?
On the contrary, Allah(SWT) would want everyone to read the Holy Qur'an

Please feel free to read the Qur'an and if you don't have one please let me know.

EDIT

If you would like a free Qur'an please go to http://www.islamicity.com/freeliterature…

I'm sure if you were to ask your local mosque they would give you a free Qur'an as well.
Are you kidding yourself? Or are you trying to kid us? Mormons don't support someone reading the BOM until they convert? They'd smear the book of mormon all over the skies if they could get away with it! Where have YOU been? You can purchase one in bookstores in America in the fiction section is more like it.



Read the Qu'ran if you like. Read the Satanic Bible if you wish. There's no law that says you can't, even though mormon leadership advise their membership not to. FYI.



If the truth has set you free, you are free. Indeed. Untruths like the book of mormon and the Qu'ran cannot phase you.Is it against the rules for me to read the Quran, if I'm a Christian and have no intention of converting?
There were no muslims while or before the Quran was revealed. It was only after the revealations people became Muslims.

So, go ahead. Begin reading it with no obligation whatsoever. If not how can anyone understand what Islam is all about?

Here is another link with recitations and translations:

http://www.quranexplorer.com

Note: Only after reading it and understanding what Islam is all about did a former Christian brother (now reverted) said : "Islam is what I always wanted Christianity to be".

http://www.turntoislam.com
Salam 'alaikum,



Yep, it's fine. I suggest you read Tarif Khalidi's translation, it's very poetic and easy-to-understand. The others are just translations based on the opinions of the translators, not the 'real thing'.Is it against the rules for me to read the Quran, if I'm a Christian and have no intention of converting?
You can read it if you want to. In fact you are encouraged to read it by Muslims.
I would imagine you could read whatever you want. I don't think there's a giant score keeper going to take points off if you read the Quran.
no, without knowledge, you cant prove or disprove your stand point, its good to learn about stuff that you don't understand
I have no idea but there should be more people like you
Of course not.
NO
not at all

I commend you for reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment