Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How do I strengthen MY OWN beliefs?? Or even find out what they are?!?

So I am a Christian. And if Im being honest with all of you and myself, I dont live like a Christian. And Im embarrassed to admit that. I always try to strengthen my relationship with God and exercise my beliefs but in all honesty I dont think I know what my beliefs are.



Like I of course believe in God, but I dont know what to believe beyond that. Like if I were to go to the bookstore and pick of 5 Christian books whatever is inside them I will believe simply because I feel like they would know better than I would. But how do I really know what is being said it right or right for me at least. I want to learn how to follow my own beliefs instead of depending on others who I just assume are always more correct than I could ever be because my walk with Christ isnt as strong as it needs to be. I have so many questions and I dont really know where to go with them though. Does anyone have any advice please?How do I strengthen MY OWN beliefs?? Or even find out what they are?!?
I used to do that too. I would be much more likely to pick up a book by a pastor or christian author than to read the Bible. You've got to read the bible for yourself. I can't stress that enough! It will change your life and grow your relationship with God because He opens the scriptures to your understanding through the Holy Spirit, and His words are meant for you and not the whole congregation - it's personal, in other words. But mostly, you don't know for sure what you are getting when you read someone else. Right now you probably fall into 70% of the christians who have the Word or a word fed to them by someone else, a this makes you weak. Tell yourself you're going to start today, and start with Romans, then back to John, then another one of Paul's letters, then back to Luke, etc.

God bless you!
Keep in mind that there is no such thing as a perfect Christian, we all make mistakes and if we ask for forgiveness, we will receive. So don't be too hard on yourself. Having said that, there are tons of awesome books out there to help you stay on track in your walk with God. Check with Nest Entertainment, they have everything you could ever want. Hope that helps and God blessHow do I strengthen MY OWN beliefs?? Or even find out what they are?!?
Like I of course believe in God, but I dont know what to believe beyond that. Like if I were to go to the bookstore and pick of 5 Christian books whatever is inside them I will believe simply because I feel like they would know better than I would.





No wonder people say you Christians are blindly following what people teach you...





I feel sorry for your ignorant a$$.
You need to reconnect with God and have faith in Him.How do I strengthen MY OWN beliefs?? Or even find out what they are?!?
Yes do not follow any man only follow JESUS read your BIBLE daily and PRAY
This might be a fun question to answer for me. I can see a lot going on in you I like. I like when people are in a mindset of discovery. Its a beautiful thing. I hope you learn to appreciate it in you as much as I do. I also like when people start asking questions about God and Jesus Christ, that honestly start with the word, "How?" It usually shows people are making forward steps in their walk with Jesus Christ, and finding and walking, his path. I could be jumping on the fact you stressed the word, "MY OWN". When it comes to the Love of God and a relationship with God, Jesus Christ, and their shared endurance in relationship with all mankind, "Independence" does not always equal "freedom". However, I know better. I know to tell you, exactly what you need to hear about that. That no matter what you are ever going to see of this life, you are the one that is going to have to see it. I definitely suggest praying about your concerns in life, a whole lot. It will absolutely help. Nothing formal, just talk to the invisible God. Yes, truly walk with all us "few billion" "crazy illogical" people that the same people that say we are illogical and crazy say we believe in things with out evidence, that for some reason, we all find that praying works. Billions of people finding the same things is apparently not evidence to some people. I've never found people to agree all so easily, not in this world, especially not without finding common enough evidence. Talk to God, yes, relate with Him. Do it enough, you'll find He's been Relating with you, even when you weren't relating with Him. If you want a good relationship with someone, you have to relate with them. Please keep in mind that relating with an Almighty and all knowing God, is not going to be something, small. Lots of people see life in way too small of boarders, to really get to know, God. He's not small. If you are going to get to really know Him, you are going to learn some new things. They are not going to be small things. It is not all going to be the way you thought it was. Its not even going to be the way you thought, because other people, thought it was the way they thought it was. Other people, just don't think as much as you think, if you think. I could tell you a lot, but I don't know if that is best for you right now. All I can tell you is, if you want to find something, get looking. You don't want to know what I think. Good! You want to strengthen "your own" vision. Than get looking, where ever it is you find reliable sources, to be. You know your heart better than anyone else on earth. You know what you are looking for. Start there, start with what you know, and pay attention to the details, of "how" it shows you the next steps to take. Move on that sort of stuff, a whole lot. If you let that take you far enough in finding what you really want to find. You'll talk to someone like me latter, and they will help a whole lot more than you have ever even imagined. Like you say, right now its time for you to strengthen, "Your own" beliefs. Go learn stuff. A whole lot of stuff. If I tell you much more, it would be, me, strengthening you beliefs. Your not saying you want that.
I hear you. Let's see, as you are a Christian the best thing you can do is to get closer to Him with your own prayers..not someone else's. More than likely your "walk with God" is exactly where it "should" be, if you have to have "shoulds" , there are plenty of stories in the Bible (KJV- Matthew and Thomas) about not knowing God. You might try concentrating on these stories and see if they are similar to the way you are feeling.



A spiritual walk with God is a life long process don't expect to have answers quickly nor easily. Remember the Be Still and Know.

No comments:

Post a Comment