Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Christians: Do you get pissed off when people openly deny christ?

I was at the bookstore in the new age section and I heard some guy talking to his girlfreind saying "We should take the fictions tags and switch them out with the bibles/christian inspiration section of the store". You know implying that it is fiction, and this old lady who was there looked like she was going to explode. The guy couldn't see her from the angle he was in, but I could and I wish I wasn't in the way so she could throw down her hatred on this guy. It was almost as if I could "feel" the hate like a mild laser beam on my side. So I reiterate do you get angry when people openly deny christ?Christians: Do you get pissed off when people openly deny christ?
christians are too narrow minded to notic that their hatred is in a much higher frequency than most others.
no, not at all.Christians: Do you get pissed off when people openly deny christ?
Nothing funnier than a truly angry christian. Or as impotent.
im not thrilled... WATch languageChristians: Do you get pissed off when people openly deny christ?
Why would any Christian become angry over another person's announcement that they do not believe?

Think about it, if you were to deliver the message of the God's word, to each and every door, only to have those doors slammed in your face, why would you take it personally?

The message that you are bringing, and the message that is being rejected, is not yours, it is God's.

So, if people are rejecting God, and his message, why would anyone take it personally?





Was it not commanded, that when others call down curses, Christians should call down blessings?

This whole, 'angry Christian' thing, is incongruent with the definition of what it is, to be a Christian.

Jesus, did not call down evil upon those who had conspired against him, and had him executed, so again, why? Why would a Christian be upset that others refer to the Bible in such derisive terms?



Isn't God Almighty enough to exact HIS justice?
hahaha, yeah religious people get crazy mad when someone disagrees with them. It's like pure hatred. Kind of ironic.
Why should they? Atheists have to listen to believers publically deny them for not believing.
No.
That lady wasn't made because those people was openly denying Christ. She was made because those people were defiling the Bible!!! There's a difference.
I dont get angry but I do feel bad for those people...
doesn't your pretty black book (THAT HUMANS WROTE!)say to turn the other cheek?
When it comes to making fun of religion, it's usually all fun and games until someone takes a shot at YOUR religion. That's how it seems most people are, anyway.
What was the question again?
Of course not. I only pray that one day they may know Christ Jesus.
No, I would feel deeply hurt.
Sad not angry.
Of course not. I'm a Christian, but not everybody else on the planet is. If someone wishes to deny Christ, they can exercise their freedom of speech to do so. However, I also have the right to disagree. If I got angry every time someone disagreed with me (theologically, politically, ideologically, or in any other way), I'd have a pretty pathetic life.
No. I simply pray for them.
I doubt if it was hatred. Instead it was anger at ignorance. I feel sorry for those that choose to be rude and show lack of upbringing.
I feel bad for them. I want to help
no
some people do, but i dont, but im a pretty calm person when it comes to stuff like that. i can explode from a commercial on tv that is clearing trying to manipulate us, and i can explode when i see a kid screaming at the store and hitting his mother and hos mother acts like its a normal thing, but i really dont get mad when people insult others beliefs. they will get whats coming to them someday, but ill let someone else get there hands dirty. i know that i am the wiser person. let them have there fun, ive known people like that, and in the end, the come crawling to a church after the rest of the world has let them down.
No I don't. A true Christian won't get mad. A true Christian would feel sorry for the person. Ask yourself, Would Jesus get mad?



Many denied him that's why he was crucified, and yet, he asked his Father to forgive them for they know not what they do. Just like the guy in the Bookstore.
Not if we're having a discussion about our religious beliefs and I ask about their religious beliefs, but it's a little rude to even think about switching the signs in a bookstore just to rub it in. He was being disrespectful on purpose. Probably a jerk in many other aspects of his life.
Why should you?



Do you think people of other religions should get angry whenever Christians deny other people's spiritual beliefs are real?



I realize Christians don't believe the same things I do and have come to terms with it, even expect it. Why should anyone get angry about it?
No. I feel sorry for them and hope someone can reach them before its too late.
If anything, only if they openly disrespect it, like above. But if they simply put they do not believe in it, I respect that and leave it be. It is not my place to force beliefs onto you that you have decided upon already. If you are uncertain of your beliefs and want more information on Christ\Christianity\Catholicism, and anything that relates to them, then I'm happy to inform you.



There is a line of not believing in something strongly and openly making a mockery of it. When you are disrespectful of others, I lose respect for you.
No. I accept their beliefs and don't get mad at all unless they insult me for my beliefs.
Yes, and I get similarly angry when people use such ignorant language in defending their faith as well.
Okay, that kind of thing would annoy me. I wouldn't "hate" a person who said that, because that would mean hating half of the people on here, too. But yes, it would annoy me. I'd probably just make a sarcastic remark, like, "Oooh, isn't that CLEVER. Why limit it to Christianity? Let's label any commentary on religion (which would include Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, and Sam Harris) as fiction, too, since, you know, it's about religion." And then I'd sigh disgustedly and walk away.



What would really annoy me about it, though, is that it's just disrespectful. I don't believe in any other religion, but I respect all of them, and I don't want to move books on Hinduism, Buddhism, Wicca, New Age, or any other religion to the fiction section. Why can't people give Christianity the same respect? I thought atheists were supposed to be so much "better" than every other religious person, you know?
I don't get angry. I just feel sorry for them and hope that one day they'll see and understand the truth before it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment